December 31, 2013



What do you give a carpenter for Christmas?

When a client found a bunch of old rulers, she wanted to have her husband "the carpenter" make this frame.  There was only one problem, she wanted to give the frame to him for a Christmas gift.

She called me and asked if I could turn a bunch of old rulers into a frame?  I told her to bring them to me and I would give it a try.  After talking to her about her ideas, and giving her a few of my own, I began to work on the challenge ahead of me.
I looked them over to decide
 where they would be best located within the frame. Then I started cutting and glueing.

I used rulers as fillets in the mat openings.

I used rulers for the inside walls.





































One thing that I found fun as I worked on this was that the rulers were from places here in the Denver area.   As you can see, I put a ruler with "Denver Colo." along the top rail on the frame (see below).
Another thing I found fun was the phone numbers.  Notice the Spruce-9828 (bottom rail).  Anyone remember having phone numbers like that?
Finished with photos installed!
I sure hope this "measured" up to his standards, being a carpenter and all.  Whew!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment